Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm in MIAMI b***h

:::having a different mindset with the common Asian peeps, my white friends always said that I’m not Asian which is I have no problem with that at all… Am not saying that I don’t like being Asian but it’s just the matter of how you wanna live your life; and I wanna live my life freely and being an open minded person and see the world with a different perspective. That’s probably one of the reason I could settle in Miami since the first minute I step my feet in the state of sunshine!
Arrived in South Beach, I was expecting to see tall sky scrapers, busy road with people running around like crazy like what I always watch in the movie but it’s not…. There are art decos building and the peeps are very friendly and chillax indeed, no wonder since it’s a one of the most favorite tourist destination in the world, thus they kinda laid back! Surprisingly, there are loads of mix race i.e. Spanish, Latino, Asian, and European.  They all are very nice to me and I felt really welcome.
South beach sunrise at Ocean Drive
Day by day, weeks after weeks, I made a lot of friends there, I mean real good friends. They helped me a lot, showed me around and took me out almost every single night Idk it’s a good thing or not lol… When my other Asian friends only know Ocean Drive or Lincoln Road, I already know Key West, The Everglades or even the Ghetto-est places in Miami. I rarely went on a bus or taxi since my ‘local’ friends always take me around with their car J  that great isn’t it?
Dining experience is always excite me, starts from eating Dominican Chimicuri on the street in a black people community at 4:00am [believe me it’s one of the best after Jackie’s – because I get it for free] to the finest 5 stars Restaurants with expensive wines; and yes do NOT forget to tips. Having breakfast at 5:00am was also our new habit. How couldn’t? We always went home from the clubs around that time, but sometime we even finish at 6:30am and went straight to work… lol whatta life! Btw, having brunch at The Setai and The Biltmore were amazing too… But my favorite still La Vacas Gordas!
tickets of performance and events
Watching big and interesting events was also my favorite thing in Sobe – South Beach – watching NBA game at American Airlines Arena; Let’s Go HEAT, watching one of the most famous circus performer Cirque du Soleil, and watching Bruno Mars concert in the Fillmore. Word can’t even explain how happy I was. Art Bassel is also annual event that held in Miami. For me it’s more likely a freak show – or maybe I don’t understand art – but whatever it’s still interesting. But my favorite weekly activity is indoor soccer where I experienced playing with really great France and Columbian players. And don’t forget about the photo shoot session. I had great time being an amateur model without being paid. Hahaha but I took pretty great pics tho… The ‘Tuesday crew’ which consists of bunch of fun peeps from different countries it was because we always have the same day off every week was a truly memorable one. We’ll make it happen again guys.
One thing that I really hate the most of what my friends always do was sunbathing! They always looked for the sun; I mean hello I’m sick of the sun besides I have very dark skin already, I didn’t need to get tanned! They seemed enjoy lying down under the sun for hours, well the beach was nice but not the sun for sure!
praying at the beach
Being away from home didn’t make me forget to do my cultural thing. As a Hindus, we always praying on a special day and since there were no Hindus temple in South Beach we were always went to the Beach.
Well, basically I had wonderful experience there not only as a tourist but also as a local people. It’s just simply priceless. The good thing is I still keep in touch with all of them and some of them already visit me in Bali, my home land. A friend of mine said “don’t feel sad of good bye but feel grateful because we had a chance to know each other and spent amazing time together”…
Thanks a lot guys for the great time you shared with me. I believe we will see each other again in different opportunities and different places! xoxo

1 comment: